- Fee structure
- Contact us
Mission and Goals
As a frontline Research and Development Centre
The centre focuses on basic research in the areas of microbial diversity, microbial taxonomy, microbial genomics and proteomics etc.
As a National Microbial Culture Collection Facility
- Isolation and Identification of microorganisms from various environmental niches.
- Preservation of microbial biodiversity from niche areas as metagenomic libraries.
- Development of new strategies for isolation of "uncultivable" microbes.
- To provide consultation services for patent deposits, preservation, propagation,biodeterioration, Industrial problems, biosystematics and microbial biodiversity issues etc.
- To serve as National facility for microbial culture collection, deposit and the supply of authentic microbial cultures.
- To serve as a International Depositary Authority (IDA).
As a focal point of Human Resources Development
To establish and conduct workshops, seminars, symposia and training programmes in the area of microbial identification, preservation and advanced areas of microbial taxonomy/phylogeny.